Ad Hoc Reporting and Analysis
As more and more companies are gathering and dealing with large amounts of data, ad hoc reporting and analysis has become a necessity.
The pace at which businesses need to make decisions is rapidly increasing which makes it important for organizations to have the ability to quickly create reports and analysis.
Our team of marketing analytics experts is here to help make your data accurate, timely, and accessible with our ad hoc reporting and analysis.
What is Ad Hoc Reporting and Analysis?
Ad hoc reporting and analysis is a business intelligence process where reports are made for one-time use and created for a specific purpose or business need. These reports are generally designed to show the answer to a specific business question that is not available in regular reporting.
Most ad hoc reports are created by a business intelligence (BI) reporting tool, like Tableau, because they can present data quickly and in a visual format. This empowers end-users to quickly make data-driven decisions as quickly as possible.
Ad hoc analysis also tends to focus around a smaller amount of data as generally the purpose behind the report is very narrowed in focus and is easier to understand.
Why is Ad Hoc Analysis Important?
Sometimes businesses need answers to questions quickly. For example, let’s say that your sales team wants more specific sales data located around a specific city or zip code, but your regular service reporting only offers national data and doesn’t go into this detail. In this case, an ad hoc report can be built around the city or zip code for this small, specific data.
The goal of an ad-hoc reporting solution is intended to reduce the time it takes to make decisions and provide insights that don’t necessarily come through in your regular static reporting. This makes it a valuable resource for growing companies.
Setting up Ad Hoc Reports
Ad hoc analysis begins with the connecting of all of the company data sources of your company into a business intelligence tool. Once connected, report models can then be built for us to use to build your ad hoc reporting solution.
Then once the online dashboards are built, users can access their reports in real-time and are designed to facilitate ad hoc analysis. Users can also make adjustments to the dashboard through drop-down menus and drag-and-drop tools, which are common features of ad hoc reporting software.
Our team of marketing experts is here to help and willing to assist you in setting up your ad hoc reporting and analysis process.
Benefits of Ad Hoc Reporting and Analysis
Ad hoc reporting has a number of different benefits that will help improve your organization. Should you want to take advantage of ad hoc analysis, here are some of the benefits our clients have experienced:
- Saves time and training costs – Since the data is streamlined and the tools are easy to use, you can quickly start seeing data and do not have to spend a lot of time going through training sessions on how to use a new tool.
- Flexibility for changing environments – As businesses evolve quickly, so should their data sets. Having the ability to quickly create ad hoc reports as needed not only helps your company for the present but also prepares it for the future, as well.
- Streamlines decision-making – Ad hoc reporting tools organize your data into an easy-to-read format which makes it simple to share across departments and allows organizations to reference the same data for decision-making.
- Encourages collaboration – Increase communication and collaboration across departments so strategies can be based around the same data with the same goals in mind.
- Reduces bottlenecks – In most organizations, reporting and data are often held up by internal bottlenecks. Eliminate bottlenecks by allowing our team of marketing analytics experts to review your data for you.
Our marketing analytics team is here to assist you with any ad hoc reporting questions you may have. From reporting setup to analysis, we can help you with all of your big data.
FoundSM will dive deeper into your data than any agency you have ever worked with before. We understand how important data is in making business decisions, and are happy to help you gather as much data as you can from as many sources as possible.
Contact us today to see how FoundSM can help you with your ad hoc reporting and data analysis.
Found Search Marketing has a long track record of success with a long list of happy clients who love to refer us business, which we believe is the ultimate measure of credibility and expertise. Basically, we know our stuff, and the companies we work with think so, too.