What is Google Analytics 360?
Google Analytics 360, previously known as Google Analytics Premium, is an enterprise-level analytics tool that is meant for large companies and organizations to provide additional insights that are not available in the free version of Google Analytics.
Google Analytics 360 is just one part of a full suite of tools available in the Google Marketing Platform. A 360 customer is also able to get access to six other tools in the Google Marketing Platform. Those extra tools are:
- Google Display & Video 360
- Google Search Ads 360
- Google Data Studio
- Google Optimize 360
- Google Surveys 360
- Google Tag Manager 360
What is the difference between Google Analytics 360 and Google Analytics?
The main difference between Google Analytics 360 and Google Analytics is the cost. While Google Analytics is free, there is a cost associated with Analytics 360.
With that additional cost, you get advanced features that are not available with the free version of Google Analytics. A few of the advanced features in Google Analytics 360 include:
- Roll-up reporting
- Custom funnels
- Unsampled reports
- Custom tables
- Access to Advance Analysis (Exploration, Funnel Analysis, and Segment Overlap)
- All standard analytics features and reports from the free version of Google Analytics
Increased Success in Ad Campaigns
While the free version of Google Analytics already includes great integrations with Google Ads, you can easily justify the price point of GA 360 when you can use the extra data collected to optimize your other ad platforms.
While Analytics 360 increases the capabilities available to other Google Ad networks, like Campaign Manager, it also enhances the performance of non-Google networks like Index Exchange in Display & Video 360.
Google has several case studies that show the improvement that was made when making the switch.
What is the cost of Google Analytics 360?
The cost of Google Analytics 360 starts out at $150,000 per year and billed at $12,500 a month. Costs can increase as well based on the size of the website. The cost also includes the full suite of tools in the Google Marketing Platform.
Google Analytics 360 vs. Adobe Analytics
Most enterprise-level organizations choose between Google Analytics 360 and Adobe Analytics (formerly Adobe Omniture and SiteCatalyst) when they are looking to increase their marketing efforts with an enterprise analytics platform.
Our team of experts recommends using Google Analytics 360 and here are a few reasons why we prefer this platform:
Google Analytics 360 and BigQuery
BigQuery is an enterprise data warehouse that allows users to make rapid SQL queries. It is a tool that is cloud-based and comes with machine learning built-in.
BigQuery is a part of the Google Cloud Platform. Google Analytics 360 has a built-in solution that can pass along its data into BigQuery. BigQuery is not accessible with Adobe Analytics.
Google Analytics 360 has first-party support for exporting hit-level into BigQuery. Passing Adobe Analytics hits to BigQuery requires a third-party or custom solution, requiring extra time and money.
Another big positive is that BigQuery is HIPPA compliant, which makes it a great repository for medical and personal data.
Google Analytics 360 and Salesforce
Google Analytics 360 and Salesforce announced a partnership in 2017 and in 2018, Salesforce became a reseller of Google Analytics 360.
With this integration, you can:
- Use Salesforce Data from Sales Cloud in Google Analytics 360 attribution reports, bid optimization and audience creation.
- Push Google Analytics data into Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Connect custom audiences from Google Analytics 360 to Salesforce Marketing Cloud for Salesforce marketing campaigns.
- Create audience lists from Salesforce Marketing Cloud customer interactions.
- Import Salesforce Sales Cloud user attributes, Einstein Lead Scoring, and ecommerce metrics into Google Analytics 360.
Benefits of Google Analytics 360
With the purchase of Analytics 360, users get access to the full Google Analytics 360 suite of tools and benefits. With the investment into the tool, users get plenty of extra benefits like:
- Seamless integration with Google BigQuery
- Access to DoubleClick products through native integrations that don’t require retagging and are instantly activated
- Data-Driven Attribution
- Guarantees regarding data collection, enhanced data freshness, unlimited data, unsampled reporting up to 2 billion hits
- More views per web property
- More custom dimensions and metrics per property
- Access to dedicated support specialists
- Exports of up to 3 million rows
- Up to 200 Custom Dimensions
- Integrations into wider ranges of Google Ad networks
Are you considering a switch to Google Analytics 360?
If so, reach out to our team of marketing and data analysts experts. Our experts can help you determine the paths consumers take to your website and show you what and where they click before they decide to buy your goods and services.
We’ll help you leverage all of the capabilities that you’re paying for with Google Analytics 360, and assist you in measuring everything accurately and according to best practices. This ensures that your data is as clean and reliable as possible, allowing you to make informed decisions.
Our team will help you identify your goals, KPIs, and touch points so you know what you are measuring is accurate and actually matters to your bottom line. Get the most out of your website with expert data analysis from FoundSM.
Found Search Marketing has a long track record of success with a long list of happy clients who love to refer us business, which we believe is the ultimate measure of credibility and expertise. Basically, we know our stuff, and the companies we work with think so, too.